Thursday 11 June 2020

NOSTALGIC - DOWN THE MEMORY LANE

Down the memory lane, 15 years before clicked these Coconut trees in our farm, holding heads high with pride on the bank of River Vaigai in my native village near Madurai.

Lovely and feeling nostalgic on seeing this picture. The tender coconut tastes unique and am addicted to it. I haven't yet tasted the same sweetness of those tender coconut anywhere later. Grandparents were really a blessing for us. Missing both of them, but could feel their love and warmth always around me.

Waiting for the time to visit the farm and the village again.









Sharing this for Parul's Thursday Tree love 89 .

6 comments:

Mali said...

I love that. I went down memory lane this week too.

Dr Genevive Angela said...

Wow these trees are such a pleasure to watch, and the memories attached with it makes it precious, true having grand parents is a blessing and yes I agree people who leave us are watching us and their love always surrounds us.

Archana said...

That looks magical! The sound of those swaying Palms will be most soothing!

bookworm said...

Precious memories. For me, seeing any kind of tree that looks like a palm tree brings back memories of my first visit (to see family) in Florida, when I was 13 - a visit that changed the course of my life. I love seeing trees like this. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

Priya said...

Memories make a picture all the more special! Thats a lovely click.. can feel the breeze :)
Incidentally, Vaigai and Madurai makes me nostalgic too... it is my mother's native and these were part of our vacations...
Vaigai especially reminds me of Chittira thiruizha!

Parul said...

These are lovely, Shama. Since moving to Bangalore I have also been a big fan of Coconut trees :)
Trees from childhood are my favorite too :) So glad you joined. I hope to see you back tomorrow.

PPT - CHARLES DICKENS