Palangguli is one of the famous games played by womens in Tamilnadu . Hope , each and every house will have this board . I have it in silver , gifted by my mom during my marriage .It is in my in-laws place ,so I cannot take a photo of my own .
Rules of the game :
1) It is a two player game . Each one will take 7 cups each .
2)Each cup will have 6 seeds . Usually , we will play with tamarind seeds .
3) Firstplayer have to lift the seeds from any of her cups and distribute the seeds one by one in each cup, starting from the cup rightside to the cup from she took the seeds.
4) Once the six seeds over , she takes seeds from the next cup immediately after that cup and repeat step 3 . If she reaches the end of her cups, she need to drop seeds in her opponent player's cups.
5) She has to drop the seeds until the last seed fell into a cup with an empty cup beyond. Once it had occured , she can take the seeds in the cup beyond the empty cup and store it for her.
6) Then the second player starts to play in the same way .
7) If for any one of the players , when the last seed fell into a cup with two empty cups beyond, they never takes seeds and their turn is over.
8) The first round is over when there are no seeds .
9) Players have to fill their cups with the seeds they earned .Player with more seeds is declared the winner. The loser of the first round will be unable to fill all of his holes.
10) In the next round play continues as before without considering the empty holes .
11) The game is over when a player doesn't fill any of his cups with 6 seeds .
Sending this to Nivedita's Forgotten indian games .