I received these photos through a forwarded message from my friend Bhuvana . I loved these pictures and information . Here comes them for you to admire.
1) Tiger's Nest Monastery , perched precariously on the edge of a 3000 feet - high cliff in Paro Valley is one of the holiest places in Bhutan
2 ) Wat Rong Khun in Chiang Mai , Thailand is unlike any Buddist Temples in the world .
3) Prambanan is the Hindu temple in Central Java , Indonesia . The Temple was built in 850 CE , and it is composed 0f 8 main shrines and 250 surrounding ones .
4) No one knows exactly when the Shwedagon Paya or Pagoda in Myanmar was built - legend it has that it is 2500 years old though archaeologists estimate that it was built between 6 th and 10 th century .
5) Temple of Heaven is a taoist temple in Beijing , the capital of China. the temple was constructed in 14 th century by the Emperor Yongle of Ming Dynasty .
6) Chion-in Temple was built in 1234 CE in honor of the founder of Jodo (Pure land ) Buddism,a priest named Honen , who fasted to death in the very spot .
7) In the 19 century , Dutch occupiers of Indonesia found a massive ancient ruin deep in the jungles of Java . What they found is the complex of Borobundur , a gigantic structure built with nearly 2 million cubic feet of stones . The temple has nearly 2700 relief panels and 504 Budda Statues .
8) The Harmandir Sahib (meaning the abode of god)----Golden Temple in Punjab,India . It is the most sacred of Sikhism.
9) The Temple of Srirangam ....Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple , Trichy . It is the largest functioning Hindu temple in the world .
10 ) Last but definetly not least is the largest temple in history and the inspiration to countless novels and action movies of hollywood -- Ankor Wat . It is the largest of all the temple but currently non-functioning as a temple .